I don’t know about you all but we’ve been having 95 degrees to triple digit weather here in the Carolinas. That means the kiddies and I have not been venturing outside much. In fact in the best week and a half we’ve only been to the grocery store, story time and church. However, I’m determined to avoid Cabin Fever at all costs. Here are five ways we’re beating the heat.
|This week’s weather predictions|
1) Sleeping In: With the heat being pretty much unbearable, I haven’t been scheduling anywhere for us to go. So, with nowhere to go, we have been doing a lot of sleeping in. Trust me that extra rest makes for the day better for everyone! Operations in the YUMMommy household tend to run a lot smoother when I’ve had at least 6 to 8 hours of good sleep.
2) Cooking: I love to cook. We do very little eating out due to Moo’s food allergies. Anyways, Moo’s taken an interest in being in the kitchen. And for the past week and a half, she’s become my kitchen helper. It’s amazing how much fun cooking with her has been. We’re getting quality time and making valuable memories together in the process.
3) Arts & Crafts: Besides being a pretty good up and coming chef, Moo is quite the artist as well. It’s been fun spending time coloring with her and making little creations to send Grandma and the rest of the family. JJ has tried to join in but I don’t think he’s quite grasped the concept that crayons aren’t for eating yet.
4) Dance Parties: Some how it seems like my kids have more energy than the normal three and one year olds. Since, we can’t hit up the park and run that energy out, we dance it out in the living room. Nothing like cutting a mean rug with your kids to a little Fresh Beat Band.
5) Good Reads: We’re avid book readers. I’m very happy that both my kids love books. We signed up for the Summer Reading program at our local library. That’s proven to be such a blessing as we have been busy reading on a daily basis.
|Reading themes for this year.|
How are you and your family beating the heat?